Honey Dijon Mustard BBQ Chicken
Recipe by: Chef Lynn Crawford, Ruby Watchco
Serves: 4 people
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp. (34 g) miso
2 Tbsp. (10.5 g) ginger, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
1 tsp. (2 g) lemon zest
¼ tsp. (1.25 g) salt
¼ tsp. (0.6 g) pepper
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1. In a medium bowl, mix the honey Dijon mustard, miso, ginger, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Reserve ¼ cup.
2. Place the chicken in a plastic bag, or a plastic container with a lid. Pour the mustard marinade over the chicken and let it marinate in the fridge overnight, or at least for 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat, add chicken and grill, basting with reserved marinade, cook, turning once, until cooked through, 6 minutes per side.
4. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes, serve hot or cold.
Ruby Watchco Potato Salad
Recipe by: Chef Lynn Crawford, Ruby Watchco (Toronto)
Serves: 4 people
2 lbs. (907 g) mini potatoes, halved
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
1 Tbsp. (14 g) butter
2 small white onions, thinly sliced
Thyme, to taste
1/2 cup (4.5 g) dill, chopped
⅓ cup (76 mL) mayonnaise
Jalapeños, to taste
Pickled Jalapeño liquid, to taste
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Maille Provençale Mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place potatoes in a large pot of cold, salted water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce temperature to low and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and let cool 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet set over medium-low heat, add oil and melt butter, then add onions and thyme and cook until onions are golden brown, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a plate and cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, mix together dill, mayonnaise, mustard, jalapeño and pickled jalapeño liquid and salt, then gently fold in reserved potatoes and onion mixture, season to taste with black pepper and serve immediately.