Grilled Pork Belly with Maille Mustard
Recipe by: Chef Kendall Collingridge, Founder restaurant & cocktail bar
# of servings:
Grilled pork belly with Maille mustard:
12-16 oz. (340-454 g) pork belly boneless, skin off
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. (32 g) Maille Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp. (32 g) Maille Old Style Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) honey
1 Tbsp. (17 g) Shiro Miso paste
2 bulbs black garlic, minced
1 carrot, julienned
Radishes, to taste, sliced
1 baby cucumber, sliced
Chili threads, to taste
Toasted Sesame seeds, to taste
Scallions, to taste, julienned
Good quality Kimchi (more is better, its a great staple for your pantry)
Bamboo or metal skewers
1. Cut pork belly into 4 equal pieces. Cut then each piece into 4 smaller pieces and skewer.
2. Season pork belly with salt and pepper.
3. Grill pork belly until tender when pierced with a paring knife.
4. Mix together Dijon and Old Style mustards with honey, miso, and black garlic.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning using miso or honey.
6. Brush the mustard glaze over the pork belly for the final minutes of grilling to caramelize.
7. Remove from grill and top with julienned scallions, sesame seeds, and chili threads.
8. Serve with leftover mustard glaze on the side along with julienned carrot, cucumber, radishes and kimchi.
NOTE: You could serve the pork belly with lettuce leaves to wrap or steamed white rice.