Please your guests by serving Salmon Spread with Maille Cornichons at your next picnic or brunch. Pairs nicely with baguette slices, crackers, or as a dip with crunchy crudités.
- 1/2 pound center cut skinless salmon
- Fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon whole fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 dried star anise (optional)
- 1 leek, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced, reserve juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup crème fraiche
- /4 Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1/4 cup Maille Cornichons, sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cooking time:
- 25 min
- 6 people
- Season salmon with salt.
- In a large pot, bring spices, leek, lemon rinds, bay leaf, wine, 1/2 cup butter and water to a simmer. Add salmon and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove salmon, cool and flake into a large
- In a saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Sauté shallot until translucent and add to salmon. Add crème fraiche, lemon juice, cornichons, chives and paprika. Season with salt as needed.
To simplify the recipe, forgo poaching the salmon. Instead, oven-roast the fish as you would a weeknight meal, cool, and shred as directed.