Mushrooms on Toast
Taking the ceps, milk caps and field mushrooms he has gathered from the woodland floor, Bruno creates his delicious mushrooms on toast in an autumnal, al fresco setting.
- 4 slices of good quality sourdough bread
- 50g butter
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 600g of seasonal mushrooms
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp of Maille Morel Mushrooms and Chablis Mustard or Maille Walnuts and White Wine Mustard.
- 1 tbsp Maille Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- 1 teaspoon Maille Hazelnut Oil
- Salt, pepper
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cooking time:
- 10 min
- 4 people
- Clean the mushrooms and cut into thick pieces
- Finely slice the shallots, garlic and parsley.
- oast the bread over a wood fire or grill and keep to one side.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter until foaming and add the shallots and garlic followed by the mushrooms 30 seconds later.
- Stir well, leaving the pan on the heat.
- After 2 or 3 minutes, add the cream and mustard.
- Reduce to a thick, creamy consistency. Top with parsley and season.
- Spoon the mixture over the toast and drizzle with hazelnut oil and balsamic vinegar.