Chicken with Maille gherkins sauce
Add a delectable but unexpected extra-tart crunch to freshly roasted chicken by adding Maille Crunchy Gherkins to this velvety cream sauce. Serve with fresh vegetables.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (you can also use pork cops with this sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- 1⁄3 cup Maille L’Original crunchy gherkins cut into 1 by 1/4 inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Maille Old Style Whole Grain Dijon mustard Or NEW Maille tarragon Dijon mustard (and skip the fresh tarragon)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon (skip if you used New Tarragon mustard)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoon of chopped fresh chives
- Boil the cream until it thickens and reduces to approximately 3/4 cup - about 20 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sauté in butter 3 to 4 minutes per side, remove and keep warm.
- Add chicken broth to the skillet and boil until it reduces by half. Make sure to scrape all sugars from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Maille Gherkins, the cream and the Maille Dijon mustard and reheat gently on a medium stove top without boiling.
- Add the herbs and return the chicken to the pan long enough to heat it through. Turn to coat with the sauce and serve with fresh vegetables.