Cheesy Maille mustard scones
A quick and easy recipe, these classic cheese scones are delicious snacks everyone will love. Make sure to double the recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar (we recommend sharp cheddar)
- 6 tablespoons diced cold butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain Old Style Maille mustard
- Prep Time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking Time:
- 20 minutes
- 4 serving
- Whisk the flour, the baking powder, sugar, mustard powder and kosher salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar.
- Cut in diced cold butter until it is in pea-size pieces; stir in the heavy cream whisked with the Maille mustard.
- Divide into 8 balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet; brush with more cream.
- Bake at 425 degrees F until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.